Our good friends have made this eggless Caesar salad for years, and it always comes out perfect. They are serious garlic lovers, so you should adjust the amount of garlic to your taste. A crusty loaf of French bread is a divine accompaniment.
We are excited that they have decided to make their new home and RV like us! They take delivery of a beautiful new Avalanche 5th wheel this very week. We couldn’t be more thrilled for them. They are old friends from our boating days (another story, another time). We so miss not seeing them as often as we once did.
This winter, they will spend selling their house and tying up loose ends for a life of full-time RVing. We plan to meet up this coming Summer and do some traveling together. This winter can’t pass soon enough. Maybe we can get them to fix us some eggless Caesar salad on a beach somewhere!
Never Fail Eggless Caesar Salad
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- ½ handful croutons optional
- 1 handful Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice can use bottled in a pinch
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste it won’t be a Caesar without anchovy *
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Wash lettuce thoroughly and pat dry. Break lettuce into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a medium bowl until incorporated well.
- Toss lettuce and dressing well and top with as much Parmesan cheese as you like.
- * If you do not have ready-made anchovy paste, pulverize 1 or 2 whole anchovies to make 1 teaspoon.