This grilled peach Caprese salad is light and easy, making it the perfect summer salad.
One of my favourite salads to order is a Caprese Salad the simplicity of the salad is what I love so much. I love making it just about as much as I love eating it because it’s as easy as slicing up fresh mozzarella and tomatoes but looks beautiful on a plate.
I came across this grilled peach Caprese salad recipe a while back and immediately thought, “Wow, that is genius. I need to have that.”
I picked up the ingredients this week, but last minute, I opted to grill my peaches and tomatoes to add a little depth of flavour – and how gorgeous are those grill marks?! Talk about a pretty salad!
I usually drizzle some reduced balsamic vinegar on my Caprese Salad, but I skipped it and cracked some fresh pepper and kept it simple. It was out of this world delicious.
Refreshing Grilled Peach Caprese Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- 2 medium peaches sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thick
- 1 dash pepper freshly cracked
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Grill your peaches and tomatoes for about a minute or two on each side – just long enough to get grill marks. Don’t move them around. Turn them only once, so they don’t break apart. Layer mozzarella cheese slices with peaches, tomatoes, and basil.
- Crack some fresh black pepper and enjoy. If you prefer adding a reduced balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil, you certainly can add that.