Couscous Chicken Salad Recipe. I recently bought a salad from a local deli, and it was SO good that I wanted to make my own.
After doing some research and a lot of experimentation, I came up with this Couscous Chicken Salad recipe. It’s good on a bed of lettuce or by itself… you be the judge!
What in the heck is couscous? Couscous (/ˈkʊskʊs/ or /ˈkuːskuːs/) is a traditional North African dish made from a dry mixture of semolina and water. Couscous is like a blank canvass that can take the falvors of whatever you are mixing.
This Couscous Chicken Salad Recipe is a 20-minute salad recipe that is easy and quick to cook with lots of bright flavors. A perfect summer salad recipe.
Simply Delicious Couscous Chicken Salad Recipe
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper to taste
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- ½ large red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- ¼ cup raisins or currants chopped
- ¼ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cooked sweet corn sliced off the cob
- 1 whole lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Prepare couscous according to the package. You can use low-fat chicken broth to add flavor. Let cool, fluff with a fork.
- Spoon couscous into a large bowl.
- Add chopped cooked chicken, red pepper, almonds, raisins, grated cheese and cut sweet corn.
- Toss to mix.
- To serve: Spoon chicken couscous mixture over a bed of lettuce, drizzle with dressing and enjoy!