I have been enjoying the fruits of my dear father’s massive garden. My dad has been bringing me more cucumbers than I know what to do with, even after eating cucumber salads for five days straight, but I’m (obviously) not mad about it. For my work lunches, I have been really into making summer vegetable pasta salads to use as many as the delicious vegetables my dad brings me weekly.
I prefer using raw zucchini over cucumbers for pasta salad because zucchini is less moist than cucumbers while still lending a fabulous crunch combined with the raw sweet pepper and red onion. This delicious summer vegetable pasta salad is so refreshing and filling!
Like all my other recipes, it is super easy to throw together for a quick weeknight dinner after work or to pre-make and store for several days in the refrigerator. All you’ll have to do is throw the pasta into boiling water, chop up the veggies, and mix it all up!
Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup dill chopped
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large sweet bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups penne pasta or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Run under cold water and shake out the remaining liquid.
- Finely chop zucchini, red onion, carrots, bell pepper.
- Add cooked pasta, chopped vegetables, and chopped dill to a large bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and garlic powder to the bowl.
- Toss all ingredients very well until thoroughly incorporated.