Summer Watermelon and Shrimp Salad combines two of my favourite summertime foods. My husband tells me all the time that I’m a ‘seafood snob’ when it comes to Gulf Coast seafood. But, I also love our watermelons down in our region.
What could be better than combining two of my favourite foods? Now let’s add a few other ingredients to make it even better.
- 1 pound of cooked medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of watermelon, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the watermelon, avocado, shrimp, onion, jalapeños, and avocados in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the oil, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the salad.
- Very gently toss the salad, being sure to coat every piece with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro (or parsley).
- Allow the salad to chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes for the flavours to meld.