Summer Watermelon and Shrimp Salad combines two of my favourite summertime foods. My husband tells me all the time that I’m a ‘seafood snob’ when it comes to Gulf Coast seafood. But, I also love our watermelons down in our region.
What could be better than combining two of my favourite foods? Now let’s add a few other ingredients to make it even better.
Refreshing Summer Watermelon and Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound shrimp cooked and peeled
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon roughly chopped
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 2 medium jalapeños seeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium avocados roughly chopped
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Place the watermelon, avocado, shrimp, onion, jalapeños, and avocados in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the oil, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the salad.
- Very gently toss the salad, being sure to coat every piece with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro (or parsley).
- Allow the salad to chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes for the flavours to meld.