The strawberries are so ripe and juicy during summer. Making this Strawberry Avocado Salad reminds me of picking strawberries on our farm as a kid. My mom used to get so frustrated with me because I would eat about as many strawberries as I would pick. The good ones usually never made it in the bucket and never made it in the house for anyone else to enjoy. I’m selfish like that!
This light and highly refreshing strawberry avocado salad is the perfect mix of sweet strawberries, creamy avocado and a zesty chilli lime vinaigrette. Oh, and don’t forget the grilled chicken to round it out as a complete meal.
Sweet Strawberry Avocado Salad
- 6 cups spring salad mix fresh
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 fresh avocados diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts skinless
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cool slightly and cut into strips.
- Toss all of the listed ingredients together with the desired amount of dressing until combined. Serve immediately.