This five bean salad is perfect for the still slightly cool days and crisp nights and will not weigh you down. This is an excellent salad to serve with some chips. It is almost like a black bean salsa in that regard, and it has enough different kinds of beans to make everyone find something in it that they like. I wanted to keep it vegetarian, so this recipe is healthy.
Healthy Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 can cannellini rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed
- 1 can peas blackeyed, rinsed
- ½ can chillies green, diced
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup vegetarian dressing
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large glass bowl and toss until well blended.
- Add the dressing of choice and combine well before serving.