This five bean salad is perfect for the still slightly cool days and crisp nights and will not weigh you down. This is an excellent salad to serve with some chips. It is almost like a black bean salsa in that regard, and it has enough different kinds of beans to make everyone find something in it that they like. I wanted to keep it vegetarian, so this recipe is healthy.
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can of cannellini , rinsed
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can of blackeyed peas, rinsed
- ½ can of green chillies, diced
- ½ cup of red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup of vegetarian dressing
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large glass bowl and toss until well blended.
- Add the dressing of choice and combine well before serving.