This yummy black bean salad would go perfect with any BBQ plans you might have for a holiday weekend. One bonus is that it doesn’t need to stay refrigerated, so you can leave it out for a while if you need to.
This salad is chock full of protein from the black beans; it’s super refreshing from the lime juice and has an excellent crunch factor from the peppers and sweet corn.
You need one big bowl to make this salad, and there’s no need to turn on your oven which is a massive plus for summertime. Have I convinced you yet? Try this yummy black bean salad now!
- 4 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 ears of fresh corn, thawed
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- Juice of 3-4 limes
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients minus the cilantro and mix.
- Give it a good stir and throw in the cilantro.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Best eaten within a day or two.