This Summer Corn Salad is a perfect healthy salad to have on a lazy summer afternoon. It strikes a good balance between a yummy and filling dish you will enjoy eating. I love this so much that I have to make this corn recipe regularly.
Corn is my favourite so a salad with so much corn just makes so much sense to me! I love how flavourful it is while giving my family the nutrients they need.
Zesty Summer Corn Salad
- 5 cobs corn shucked
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes heirloom
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 dash garlic oil
- 1 dash basil oil
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup basil pesto dressing
- Put a large pan over medium-high heat. Pour in some garlic/basil oil or some olive oil. Whatever you have in the house is fine.
- Add in corn, spinach and tomatoes. Saute until heated through. Pour the pesto dressing over the mixture. Add lemon juice. Let everything cook together for a few minutes. The tomatoes will soften, and then you know you’re done!
- At this point, feel free to add in some parmesan cheese or even some cream. That would bring the dish together and make it a slightly more luxurious side.