Crab salad is so flavorful, light, and versatile. Making crab salad is easy. It comes together in only a few minutes. Today, I’ll share a delicious recipe, my favourite crab salad stuffed avocados.
Mostly, crab lovers know about how good fresh crab is when paired with avocados. So this is perfect for making an impression for everything from a small picnic, light luncheon, or even parties to entertain large groups and family gatherings.
- 1 pound of crab meat, cooked
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 radishes, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Salad greens or lettuce, chopped green onions or chives, cilantro leaves, and radishes for garnish
- 4-5 ripe avocados but still firm
- ½ lime
- Firstly, you need to prepare the crab salad by mixing the diced onions, diced radish, cucumbers, bell peppers, olive oil, lime juice, chopped cilantro, and salt/pepper in a bowl.
- Add the cooked crab and mix them until well-combined. Prepare the salad in advance. Keep it refrigerated until the crab salad is ready before assembling the avocados.
- Prepare the crab-stuffed avocados by cutting the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Peel the avocados slowly. Then, sprinkle with a bit of lime or lemon juice on each avocado. It is to prevent the avocados to brown quickly.
- Put the crab salad on the centre of the avocados. Fill them until it is brimming with salad.
- Serve the crab salad stuffed avocados over the lettuce leaves. Garnish them with green onions or chopped chives and radishes.