This sweet potato, bacon and egg salad seems too simple, right, but it makes a great filling meal. One of the easiest ways to change this up is to add a grilled chicken breast to it. Then, add some spring mix to make it even more nutritious and dense.
I would recommend this being an after workout meal for the slow-carbers who are worried about the sweet potato. That way, you can justify the sweet potato carbs.
Satisfying Sweet Potato, Bacon and Egg Salad
This sweet potato, bacon and egg salad is a good heavy meal to start your day right. It could be a pre-workout meal that you'll love.
- ⅔ cup sweet potato cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 rashes bacon diced using meat only
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 handful lettuce
- Boil the eggs. When done, peel and dice and set aside.
- Boil sweet potato until cooked through – drain and set aside.
- Fry the bacon bits in olive oil over medium heat until crispy.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, dill, and lemon juice.
- Place eggs, sweet potato, bacon, lettuce and mayo into a bowl and combine well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 703kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 19gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 329mgSodium: 361mgPotassium: 1354mgFiber: 12gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 36439IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 523mgIron: 7mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.