This sweet potato, bacon and egg salad seems too simple, right, but it makes a great filling meal. One of the easiest ways to change this up is to add a grilled chicken breast to it. Then, add some spring mix to make it even more nutritious and dense.
I would recommend this being an after workout meal for the slow-carbers who are worried about the sweet potato. That way, you can justify the sweet potato carbs.
- 2/3 cup of sweet potato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 rashes of bacon, diced using meat only
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 4 tablespoons of dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Boil the eggs. When done, peel and dice and set aside.
- Boil sweet potato until cooked through – drain and set aside.
- Fry the bacon bits in olive oil over medium heat until crispy.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, dill, and lemon juice.
- Place eggs, sweet potato, bacon, lettuce and mayo into a bowl and combine well.
- Serve and enjoy!