I hit the grocery store earlier today to stock up on greens and healthy foods. It felt so good to peruse the vegetable and fruit section looking for some ingredients I had never used in my kitchen before. Among other things, I picked up a bunch of alfalfa sprouts. I love them! They taste earthy and healthy and provide such visual artistry to a dish as if small-headed aliens they poke out of the salad like curious antennas. I used them to make this delicious Quinoa Tuna Alfalfa Salad for dinner today. This combo of veggies was killer!
Enjoyable Quinoa Tuna Alfalfa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 handful alfalfa
- 1 can tuna in water
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Rinse and then cook the quinoa, following the instructions on the pack. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the salad dressing and set it aside.
- Combine the chopped avocado, celery and onion with the alfalfa sprouts. Use a fork to flake the tuna fish on top. Mix well, but be careful not to mush up the avocado.
- Once cool, add the quinoa and combine. Top with the dressing