My father-in-law, who passed away last year, introduced me to this fantastic wilted spinach salad! Roger would always serve it at Christmas dinner, and it was something everyone looked forward to! I can remember a few times he didn’t make it for one reason or another, and he got a lot of flack for it!
Having it last night for dinner brought back so many memories of this remarkable man! He didn’t cook often, but when he did, he knocked it out of the park!
This wilted spinach salad is easy to make, yet it has this elegance! The picture doesn’t do it justice! Last night I served it with grilled chicken, but I’ve had it with roasted pork loin and prime rib, which works equally well with those! My kids are usually picky about the salad, but this seems to be the one that pleases everyone!
Hearty Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups spinach torn
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 1 dash pepper cracked
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium eggs benedict
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl. Add greens, onions and a generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, honey and salt. Remove from heat. Pour dressing over spinach and toss gently until well coated.
- Add eggs benedict as garnish and serve immediately! Be prepared for accolades!