There is evidence that a diet rich in folate found in your leafy greens, and vitamin E found in nuts, can lower the chances of getting Alzheimer’s by at least one third. Even if there is no family history of this in your family, doing what we can to prevent that is always an excellent idea. Try out this yummy spinach walnut citrus salad as a meal on its own or as a side with some salmon or grilled chicken.
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 large bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup of walnut halves, raw or pan-roasted
- 1/2 orange, cut into segments
- 1/2 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey and cayenne pepper; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss spinach with dressing and walnuts.
- Arrange orange and grapefruit sections on top and garnish with green onions.