There is evidence that a diet rich in folate found in your leafy greens, and vitamin E found in nuts, can lower the chances of getting Alzheimer’s by at least one third. Even if there is no family history of this in your family, doing what we can to prevent that is always an excellent idea. Try out this yummy spinach walnut citrus salad as a meal on its own or as a side with some salmon or grilled chicken.
Spinach Walnut Citrus Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch spinach washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup walnut halves raw or pan-roasted
- ½ medium orange cut into segments
- ½ medium grapefruit cut into segments
- 2 stalks green onions chopped
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey and cayenne pepper; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss spinach with dressing and walnuts.
- Arrange orange and grapefruit sections on top and garnish with green onions.