The Grecians got it right! This Greek chicken salad is so flavorful you will crave it over and over.
I make this about once a week because I love it so much. Some days I’m hungrier than others, so I add more chicken to curb our appetite. If you don’t want to eat cheese, you can omit it from this recipe, and it still tastes delicious.
Even though this Greek chicken salad recipe has many ingredients, it doesn’t take long to make. This is because I make the chicken first, then hurry up and cut the veggies; I always make extra slices of all ingredients because I’m like a little kid and eat every ingredient along the way.
- Chicken Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 banana peppers, sliced
- 1 8-ounce package of Feta cheese
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 7-8 kalamata olives, whole
- 1/2 head of Romaine (or greens of your choice), cut into bite-sized pieces
- Dressing Ingredients
- 3 teaspoon of olive oil
- 7 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary
- Mix dressing together and let sit for at least a half-hour. The longer it sits, the better the flavour.
- Cut chicken into strips, then sprinkle spices over chicken pieces while in the pan.
- Turn the stove to medium heat and cook thoroughly for about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut veggies and toss them together.
- Add dressing only on a portion to be eaten if you want to save the rest for the next day. Whisk while pouring on your salad for the best mix of flavour.