Greek cuisine is known for its fresh and healthy ingredients, and this Greek chicken salad recipe is no exception. It’s a perfect dish for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty meal. The combination of grilled chicken, vegetables, and feta cheese makes this salad both filling and nutritious. It’s an easy-to-make recipe that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes.
To start, you’ll need to marinate chicken breasts in a Greek-inspired mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt. After grilling the chicken to perfection, you’ll chop it into bite-sized pieces and toss it with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and crumbled feta cheese. A nice dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon mustard is the perfect finishing touch to this delicious salad.
Homemade Greek Chicken Salad
- 2 medium chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Marinate the chicken: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt. Place the marinated chicken in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Get the marinated chicken and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the chicken salad: In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. Add the chopped chicken to the bowl and toss everything together.
- Prepare the Greek salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.