Tahini is a great way to make a creamy salad dressing and is also packed with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals! This is the perfect dressing to go with this kale chicken salad. However, tahini is a ground sesame seed paste, and to reap the full nutritional benefits; I suggest using a natural variation.
Watermelon seeds are an excellent way to add some crunch to your salad and are also a high protein nut. The protein found in watermelon seeds comprises several amino acids, one of which is arginine, which is beneficial in maintaining healthy blood pressure and preventing coronary heart disease. Check out this easy lemon tahini kale chicken salad.
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 3 to 4 cups of organic kale, chopped
- 1 organic apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons of Go Raw Watermelon Seeds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- Marinate chicken breasts with a light coating of olive oil (about 1 to 2 tablespoons), salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium to medium-low heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Wash and chop kale, and set aside in a large salad bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest, tahini, olive oil, and honey to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- Add chopped apples, chicken breast and tahini to the kale salad, and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Sprinkle with watermelon seeds, and dig in!