This shredded chicken salad recipe is made with only five ingredients. It is a quick recipe that is super easy, and even I can make it.
So my niece is now seven months pregnant and is having healthy cravings. Crazy, I know! When I was pregnant with my boys, I craved cherry cheesecake and the entire Taco Bell menu. But when a pregnant woman has a craving, you don’t ask why. Just give her what she wants, and no one will get hurt. So because of that request, I decided to share my shredded chicken salad recipe.
Feel free to jazzy up this chicken salad recipe with pickles or celery. I’ve seen some recipes with cranberries. You can make this recipe a sandwich with lettuce and tomato or dip it with tortilla chips. It is very versatile, but I will be posting the basic recipe. Let’s get started.
Easy Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe
- 8 small chicken tenders
- 32 ounces yogurt plain
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces walnuts chopped
- ¾ cup couscous
- First clean, then boil your chicken until fully cooked. I used eight small tenders, so this only takes about 15 minutes. When I used larger chicken breast, it took longer to cook. It all depends on the size of your chicken.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, shut off the flame and start the shredding process. It’s a pain to stand there and shred the chicken piece by piece but worth it.
- While shredding the chicken, try to avoid eye contact with the begging dog in your kitchen because his stare will become so intense that you will eventually give in and put some chicken in his bowl.
- Add your shredded chicken, plain yogurt, mayonnaise, chopped walnuts and couscous to a large bowl. Then stir it all together. The couscous will soak up a lot of moister, so don’t worry if it looks too wet.
- Cover your bowl and leave it refrigerated for several hours.
- Or, in my case, hand it over to my niece. I’ve prepared and served this shredded chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on a croissant or roll. I prepared it and just served it in a bowl with a side of tortilla chips. You can add some diced pickles and just eat them with a fork. I love this recipe because I can make one batch of it and have it several days in a row and many different ways.