Looking for something new to try? This Juicy Veal Salad is a great way to explore new salad options. In this recipe, you get to have meats and vegetables, so you get loads of nutrients in one meal. Check out the very easy recipe here.
Juicy Veal Salad Recipe
Love veal? You can now out it onto your salad to make a juicy veal salad you will surely enjoy. It's the perfect combination of meaty and healthy!
- ¾ cup Thai jasmine rice
- 1½ cups vegetable broth sodium-reduced
- 8 ounces veal scaloppini cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce sodium-reduced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar divided
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup baby corn cobs cut in half
- ½ cup carrot shredded
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts chopped
- 1 cup sesame lime dressing
- In a saucepan, bring rice and broth to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. Add veal and stir to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a nonstick skillet, cook the veal mixture over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or until a hint of pink remains.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Scrape rice out into a large bowl, and add corn cobs, carrots, chestnuts and remaining vinegar.
- Drizzle sesame lime dressing over rice mixture and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro before serving.
Calories: 493kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 18gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1189mgPotassium: 537mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 2873IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.