Fresh tomatoes shine in this Summer Tomato Pasta Salad dish are like rubies. It’s the perfect summer dish in my mind. It is indescribably easy to make, which always helps when the heat and energy of summer dazes you. You chop up all the vegetables in this dish, toss with some salt and vinegar, mix with pasta, garnish, and serve!
- Salad Ingredients
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ zucchini or cucumber, sliced with a mandolin
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2 servings of pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
- Flax or olive oil, to taste
- Topping Ingredients
- Fresh mozzarella or other cheese of choice (nut cheese, vegan Parmesan, nutritional yeast for vegans)
- Pine nuts
- Fresh herbs (basil, parsley)
- Place all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss them together.
- Mix with prepared pasta and drizzle with oil. Garnish with toppings and serve.
- Chill the salad in the fridge before serving if preferred.