Summertime picnics and backyard cookouts are not complete without this family favourite. But, as with any salad, this Summer Fresh Potato Salad is only as good and healthy as the ingredients used to create it. That is why we start with the creamy and dense organic red potato and layer in the crisp green celery, onions, fresh dill and mix it all up with tangy lemon juice and a Paleo mayonnaise made with avocado oil and cage-free eggs.
Summer Fresh Potato Salad
- 1 ½ pound potatoes Yukon gold
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 2 stalks green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped finely
- ½ medium lemon juiced
- ½ cup mayonnaise paleo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash potatoes and put in a large stockpot. Cover with cold, filtered water and a teaspoon of sea salt for boiling.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Careful to not overcook.
- Drain the potatoes in your colander and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Mix the celery, green onions, fresh dill, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and mustard in a large bowl.
- Cut cooled potatoes into fourths or bite-size wedges.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the mayonnaise mixture and toss well.
- Season generously with sea salt and fresh pepper, mix to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.