I received several loaves of bread for free one day and realized I would need to come up with some new sandwiches. I have nothing against the traditional egg salad, but it wasn’t something that I was craving or felt particularly healthy about. Then, I came across the idea of a curried egg salad with apples. The apples add a nice crispness to the creaminess of the eggs and Greek yogurt (which I substituted for the traditional mayonnaise).
This Curried Egg Salad is a great protein-packed lunch. You can wrap it in a tortilla and pack it for work or school or even wrapped in lettuce or straight from a bowl for a carb/gluten-free option!
If you get your kid to make this recipe, they will be more likely to eat it. I do most of the cutting (onions and apple) and let my son (3 years) use an egg slicer to “dice” the eggs, and then he helps measure and mix everything together.
Flavourful Curried Egg Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 stalk scallion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 4 medium eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 medium apple cut into small cubes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all listed ingredients except the egg and apple until well combined.
- Using a spatula, lightly fold in the egg and apple until coated. Serve in lettuce cups, bread (toasted if desired), or a tortilla wrap.