I received several loaves of bread for free one day and realized I would need to come up with some new sandwiches. I have nothing against the traditional egg salad, but it wasn’t something that I was craving or felt particularly healthy about. Then, I came across the idea of a curried egg salad with apples. The apples add a nice crispness to the creaminess of the eggs and Greek yogurt (which I substituted for the traditional mayonnaise).
This Curried Egg Salad is a great protein-packed lunch. You can wrap it in a tortilla and pack it for work or school or even wrapped in lettuce or straight from a bowl for a carb/gluten-free option!
If you get your kid to make this recipe, they will be more likely to eat it. I do most of the cutting (onions and apple) and let my son (3 years) use an egg slicer to “dice” the eggs, and then he helps measure and mix everything together.
- 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 4 hard-boiled and chopped eggs
- 1 apple, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread, tortilla, or lettuce cup to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together all listed ingredients except the egg and apple until well combined.
- Using a spatula, lightly fold in the egg and apple until coated. Serve in lettuce cups, bread (toasted if desired), or a tortilla wrap.