Tofu Ranch Dressing made in your own kitchen with your own recipe is not only fresher, cheaper and without preservatives, but adds the benefit of protein and iron to your salad or vegetable dip.
There are two types of tofu, the solid water-packed variety for cutting and dicing tofu recipes, and the Soft silken Tofu, for mixing and blending the more liquid or dip type recipes. The recipes for salad dressings and dips require Soft silken tofu, which is shelf-stable until the package is opened, they must be used immediately to preserve its consistency for the recipes.
Divine Tofu Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 package tofu soft silken
- ½ tablespoon ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ⅓ cup soybean oil vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon chives
- Put ingredients all at one time into a blender and blend only long enough to arrive at thick dressing consistency. You want to avoid the dressing becoming watery. If the dressing is too thick, add a few drops of water and mix.