Here is a simple recipe for Three-Bean Salad from my good friend, Jana. This recipe makes a lot of beans and is perfect for summer cookouts when you need to bring an item to share, want to make sure there will be something healthy to eat while you are there, and are pressed for time.
The colour of this salad is beautiful, with the bright green edamame contrasting against the black beans; plus, beans are super healthy for you. Try it, and let me know how it goes!
Amazing Three-Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 ½ cups edamame soy beans frozen
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon optional
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce optional
- Boil edamame according to package directions and cook until done for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your canned beans and combine in a bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar that you can shake with the lid closed, combine the rest of the ingredients to make your vinaigrette. Shake or whisk to emulsify.
- Once edamame is done cooking, combine with the other beans and whisked vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or chill.