I tried this Quinoa Fruit Salad recipe several months back but never posted as I wasn’t happy with how it tasted before. But as I prepared it this past weekend, I realized I made such good progress in making it delicious.
This quinoa salad recipe is excellent as a side during the warmer months, but it’s also suitable as a light dessert after a heavy meal. I plan on preparing this as a healthy alternative to the usual fat-laden pumpkin pie. You can use seasonal fresh fruits or frozen ones (as I plan to do); either work well.
- Quinoa Fruit Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- Mix all wet ingredients to make the dressing in a bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl and add all chopped fruit. Top with dressing and chopped almonds.