This special recipe for Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing is the salad to have when you want a tasty source of daily nutrients. But, of course, this has bacon, so you’ll still get some healthy fats from the cured pork.
Fresh Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
If you love spinach, you should try this spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. The addition of bacon takes this salad to another level.
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 8 pieces bacon thick-sliced and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove the spinach stems, wash and dry. Place into salad serving bowl.
- Place the eggs into a large pot and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch. Heat on high. Once the water boils, close the burner. Allow the eggs to sit in the water for 15 minutes. Remove and peel off the shell. Cut up each egg – I quartered mine. Set into a salad bowl with spinach.
- While the eggs cook, cook the bacon. I usually cook my eggs in the oven. I cook for about 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Ensure sure it is cooked all the way through. Save 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease. Crumble the bacon into the salad serving bowl.
- Transfer the bacon grease to a small saucepan set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, sugar and Dijon mustard. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Add dressing to the salad and mix. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Calories: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 5gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 685mgPotassium: 414mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 8459IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.