This special recipe for Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing is the salad to have when you want a tasty source of daily nutrients. But, of course, this has bacon, so you’ll still get some healthy fats from the cured pork.
- 8-ounce package of organic baby spinach
- 2 large farm fresh eggs
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 8 pieces of thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Remove the spinach stems, wash and dry. Place into salad serving bowl.
- Place the eggs into a large pot and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch. Heat on high. Once the water boils, close the burner. Allow the eggs to sit in the water for 15 minutes. Remove and peel off the shell. Cut up each egg - I quartered mine. Set into a salad bowl with spinach.
- While the eggs cook, cook the bacon. I usually cook my eggs in the oven. I cook for about 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Ensure sure it is cooked all the way through. Save 3 tablesoons of the bacon grease. Crumble the bacon into the salad serving bowl.
- Transfer the bacon grease to a small saucepan set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, sugar and Dijon mustard. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Add dressing to the salad and mix. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag me on Instagram at @saladrecipesinfo.