I love that quinoa is very versatile and can be used in many ways. I used to go to this healthy cafe near my work once or twice a week, and the only thing I would order was their goat cheese quinoa salad, which was delicious. After a while, though I felt it was costly for its size and ingredients, I decided to make my own Spinach Tomato Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad. I’m happy that I pretty much nailed it on my first try, and I am happier knowing that I didn’t have to spend a lot of money to make it.
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cloves of grated garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup of cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine raw quinoa and water in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Then cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is boiling, grate the garlic.
- When quinoa is ready and still hot, add the garlic and mix to cook the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add more ingredients that you like (feta cheese, olives, etc.).
- The quinoa will cool down, and you're ready to serve!