I love that quinoa is very versatile and can be used in many ways. I used to go to this healthy cafe near my work once or twice a week, and the only thing I would order was their goat cheese quinoa salad, which was delicious. After a while, though I felt it was costly for its size and ingredients, I decided to make my own Spinach Tomato Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad. I’m happy that I pretty much nailed it on my first try, and I am happier knowing that I didn’t have to spend a lot of money to make it.
Fresh Spinach Tomato Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Combine raw quinoa and water in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Then cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is boiling, grate the garlic.
- When quinoa is ready and still hot, add the garlic and mix to cook the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add more ingredients that you like (feta cheese, olives, etc.).
- The quinoa will cool down, and you’re ready to serve!