When creating this Fried Tofu Summer Salad recipe, I was looking for a simple way to fry the tofu, so instead of building a batter out of panko, flour, and baking powder, I decided to use just corn starch instead, and it delivered beautiful results.
Tofu is the perfect alternative to meat and for me, adding it to a salad just makes it even more topnotch. I love that they are rich in protein which makes a very filling meal.
Easy Fried Tofu Summer Salad Recipe
- 1 container salad mix
- 1 cob corn
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes
- 14 ounces garbanzo beans
- ½ cup salad dressing
- 14 ounces tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, slice the tip of the head of the garlic off to expose the tops of the cloves. Wrap the garlic in foil, place in a muffin tin, and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes in the oven.
- Drain and press the tofu until excess moisture is gone, and cut them into cubes.
- To make the marinade whisk the soy sauce, Worcestershire, and balsamic vinegar together in a bowl.
- Place the tofu in the prepared marinade and allow it to soak while you prep the rest of the ingredients or longer if you like your tofu extra flavorful.
- In a pot, fill with oil about one quarter to one-third of the way up. Enough to cover the tofu cubes as they fry. Heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- When you’re ready to fry the tofu, add a ½ cup of cornstarch and a generous sprinkle of garlic powder (about 1 teaspoon) to a plate and cover the tofu with the cornstarch. Place them in the hot oil a little at a time and flip if needed. Pull out when golden brown, then sprinkle with garlic powder and let dry. Add more cornstarch when
- Prepare the salad by adding the spring mix, garbanzo beans, sliced carrots, tomatoes, green onion tofu and dressing.