Easy Cucumber Mango Summer Salad. It’s almost the weekend – the official start of a new weekend adventure! I’m bringing you a refreshing, sweet, and savory summer salad. Packed with juicy mangoes, crisp red onions, and refreshing cucumbers, this Easy Cucumber Mango Summer Salad is a perfect BBQ side dish. Plus, I love the purple, green and yellow colors!
I made this Easy Cucumber Mango Summer Salad for my grandmother and aunt’s joint 90th and 60th birthday party last weekend. Well, because of this huge milestone, nearly everyone in my family flew in for the occasion. From Arizona, Washington, and Florida to Vermont, Texas, and Pennsylvania, everyone was there.
And because everyone was there, my mother decided [five days before the party] to have an impromptu backyard wedding because… “when else will everyone be gathered like this again?”
Long story short, everyone was incredibly surprised, happy tears were shed, and I [incredibly] captured most of it on camera.
Now let’s start making my Easy Cucumber Mango Summer Salad.
Easy Cucumber Mango Summer Salad
- 3 large mangoes peeled and diced (click here on “how to” cut melon)
- 1 medium cucumber sliced thin (unpeeled)
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced thin
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and give it a good toss.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve.