This tomato and corn salad is a light and refreshing summer salad. I remember making and eating this delicious summer salad for the cookout, eating it, and eating it. It is so good and light and refreshing, and healthy. You could not ask for a better salad.
You can make it in the afternoon and eat it chilled for dinner, or make it and eat it immediately; either way, you will be happy.
Tomato and Corn Salad
- 4 ears corn shucked
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 12 small cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- ½ cup mozzarella fresh, shredded
- 2 tablespoons oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves fresh
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water with the portioned salt. Cook corn until tender for about 5 minutes, and drain.
- Shred mozzarella while corn is cooking.
- Using a large chef’s knife, stand ears of corn on end and cut downsides of ears to remove kernels set aside.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar.
- Add corn, tomatoes, mozzarella, and oregano to the bowl.
- Season salad with salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Arrange in a bowl with spinach leaves.