So a few weeks ago, I decided to plan an English tea party with my friends, and this curried chicken salad recipe is on the menu. Granted, this was my first time, so it was quite an early tea in English norms, but whatever. I fell short of making them dress up in suits and bonnets or having them raise their pinkies when drinking the tea for fear that they would tell me to piss them off, but I did balk at it, of course.
I honestly can’t remember where I got this recipe for curried chicken salad, but I have refined it over the years, and now it’s all mine. This works well with leftover chicken, too. It just kicks ass. I never order it anywhere now because mine’s better. This is probably not too bad on weight watchers, either.
Enticing Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
I love chicken salads so much and every now and then, I diversify my recipes juts like this curried chicken salad that always comes in handy when I have friends to visit me.
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise light
- ½ cup sour cream light
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 dash black pepper freshly ground
- 1 dash paprika
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, onions, garlic, and nuts (if using). Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, curry powder, salt, and pepper in another bowl. Pour the dressing over the curried chicken and mix it well, kid. Chill it for at least an hour.
- Scoop it on a bed of lettuce, garnish with the paprika, or spread it on soft wheat bread to make a sandwich. I cut the crusts off for the tea party and then cut the sandwiches into four triangles. Easy as a hippie who needs a ride to a tree sit-in.
- Until later, eat, drink, and peace out.
Calories: 497kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 8gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 23gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 877mgPotassium: 189mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 270IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.