This eggless egg salad recipe uses crumbled tofu as a base (which is surprisingly similar to the feeling of egg whites) and uses dijon mustard and other spices to create that egg taste in a salad!
You can eat this on a sandwich, over greens, or just by itself! It is so good, takes about five minutes to make, and is great for on the go. So, read on to find out how to make it!
The ingredients used for my eggless egg salad are extra firm tofu, vegenaise, lemon juice, chopped celery, celery salt, dijon mustard, and sweet pickle juice. The pickle juice and dijon mustard are the secret ingredients that make this recipe delicious, in my opinion, so do not forget these!
Eggless Egg Salad
- 10 ounces tofu extra firm
- 1 cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup veganaise
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Crumble tofu into small chunks using a fork or your hands.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve on bread or over greens.