I wanted to add pickles into my potato salad; that’s why I did! And to be fair, it tasted great! So here is the Margaritaville Potato Salad you should try!
I hope you like the recipe-it’s fun to make and wonderful to eat, plus it looks great served in margarita glasses! Cheers!
Margaritaville Potato Salad
I love potato salad that's why I have a lot of renditions for it. Recently, I made this Margaritaville Potato Salad and it instantly became a favorite!
Potato Salad Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes sliced into ½-inch slices with skins on
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 mediun pickles drained (reserve 2 tablespoons liquid for potatoes)
- 2 stalks green onions white and green parts, chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 mini red bell peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped – approximately ¼ cup chopped
- 2 ½ -ounce can black olives slice, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons margarita mix bottled non-alcoholic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small lime juice
- Place potato slices in a 3-quart saucepan and cover with cold water 2 inches above potatoes. Add salt, cover and cook on high heat until it boils. Reduce heat to medium-high, uncover and continue cooking 14 to 17 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add chilli powder, sea salt and black pepper into a bowl. Continue to cook an additional 1 minute, stirring.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Pour the reserved pickle juice over the potatoes and stir gently. Add the pickles, green onions, celery, red bell peppers, cilantro and black olives; Stir gently to mix.
- Make the dressing by combing all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over potato salad ingredients in the bowl and toss well.
- To serve, cut 1 lime into 6 wedges and rub each wedge onto the rims of 6 margarita glasses. Sprinkle Creole seasoning into a medium plate and dip rims of glasses into seasoning to coat evenly. Spoon 6 equal servings of potato salad into Creole seasoned rimmed glasses. Spear 1 mini red bell pepper and 1 okra piece onto each toothpick and stick into potato salad. Slice the remaining lime into 6 1/4-inch slices and cut each halfway so it can hang on the rim of each glass.
Calories: 335kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 3gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 1678mgPotassium: 547mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 301IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.