I finally had the opportunity to prepare this Avocado Tuna Salad. This recipe is popular among paleo dieters, but I don’t believe in fad diets, and I just thought it looked yummy. Maybe it’s just my personality, but if I restrict myself from eating foods that I love, I’ll end up just gorging on it later.
- 3-4 avocados
- 3 5-ounce cans of chunk tuna in water
- 1 cup of tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini in half crosswise, then into quarters lengthwise. Steam for 2 to 3 minutes, then put aside to cool (optional, or eat it raw).
- Combine tuna, tomatoes, and onions in a bowl. Chop steamed zucchini and add to mixture. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.