What could be better for you than a huge platter piled high with vibrant green leaves, sprouts, crisp cucumber, sweet sun-ripened tomatoes, creamy avocado, spicy radishes, tangy blueberries and a lemony dressing? Nothing! Try this summer goddess salad to have a simple and refreshing salad.
It’s time for you to enjoy the best of what summer has to offer, so head to your veggie patch, community garden or local farmers market and find some seasonal greens to whip up this bowl of nourishment. I can’t promise you’ll end up looking like a summer goddess, but I can promise you’ll feel like one. And it’s all about what’s on the inside, right?
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 head of baby cos lettuce
- 100 grams of baby rocket
- 100 grams of pea sprouts
- 150 grams of yellow pear tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), halved
- 50 grams of blueberries
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- Edible flowers to garnish (borage, nasturtium, pansy)
- Lemon-vinaigrette dressing
- Wash the lettuces together while pulling the leaves off the stem. Then spin dry all the leaves and place wrapped in a tea towel in the fridge. This ensures beautifully crisp leaves.
- Wash the rocket and pea sprouts together, spin dry and place wrapped in a tea towel in the refrigerator.
- Cover a large platter with 3/4 of the lettuce leaves to assemble the salad. Pile over the rocket, pea sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and avocado. Add the rest of the lettuce leaves before sprinkling on the blueberries and edible flowers.
- Dress the salad just before serving.