Oh, yum! You’re going to love this BLT chicken salad dish. I was hanging with my sis, Said Kelley, chef-ing it up, and she mentioned that she’d never make this recipe cuz it “was too involved.” P.S. she’s not a big cook.
But then I reminded her that while I poached raw chicken for it, she could easily use a cooked rotisserie chicken to make it Seriously Simple. So then she was like, “Oh yeah! But I prefer you making it for me.”
It’s easy to follow my directions, and you’ll have a yummy salad to eat all week (this one makes enough for 8 servings).
The main points of this BLT chicken salad are the chicken, tomato, and bacon. But you have got to have some good sauce to finish it up.
This recipe uses cooked chicken and bacon. If you wish to poach your chicken and need to cook/crumble your bacon add 20 to 25 minutes to your prep time.
Earthy BLT Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 ½ pound chicken grilled and sliced
- 8 medium campari tomatoes diced
- 5 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat
- 2 teaspoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, add yogurt, mayo, bacon fat, golden balsamic vinegar, and pepper and whisk together.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and bacon into a large bowl, then mix in the yogurt sauce until well blended.
- Lay out Romaine leaves, put a scoop of the chicken salad, and add a slice of avocado.