Fusilli pasta salad is such an easy addition to any gathering–any season. Of course, it most reminds me of spring and summer, but no holiday in my family is complete without pasta salad–and we’ve never had an occasion without this salad on the table.
I’m going to admit, though, that I am a snob when it comes to what I deem to be a good Fusilli pasta salad. I have a hard time devouring it if it’s not my mama’s dish. Over time, I’ve developed my style of making it, but the foundation remains the same. But really, how different or complicated can pasta salad be?
I’ve been asking myself this same question when I taste other salads. All I know is that I receive compliments anytime I bring this simple dish to gatherings.
There are so many different ingredients that you can add to your fusilli pasta salad. Traditionally, it’s often served with pepperoni and cheese cubes, but I prefer mine without. I’ve even ingredients such as feta or garbanzo beans used. So if you like it, add it in there!
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on your dressing–no one wants a dry pasta salad! However, if you’re making it ahead of time, you may need to add some additional dressing into the bowl to freshen it up before it hits the serving line.
- 1 pound of fusilli pasta
- 1/3 cup of onion, diced
- 16-18 ounces of grape or cherub tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 2 1/4-ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
- Approximately 10-12 ounces of Italian dressing
- Approximately 1 tablespoon of Salad Supreme seasoning
- 2 cups of feta cheese
- Salt and boil water in a medium saucepan. Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add pasta. Stir occasionally. Once cooked to al dente, remove from heat and drain.
- While waiting for water to boil, prepare all remaining ingredients. Add ingredients to a large bowl or container.
- Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, add to the bowl of ingredients. Stir well. If using a lid with a container, secure the lid and shake vigorously to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, add additional dressing and feta cheese if the pasta has dried out, and stir well.