There are few things I love more than fresh barbecue chicken salad. If you’re a regular reader, you know I love barbecue sauce and tend to eat a lot of it. So my husband and I enjoyed this BBQ chicken salad on a warm night last week, sitting out on our balcony enjoying the warmth and the sunset.
This BBQ chicken salad is a really easy salad to throw together. As I’ve told you before, I always make up a big batch of shredded chicken every other week, so all the prep is done ahead of time.
Then it’s just pulling out all the fresh ingredients and mixing them up. It’s so easy; even my husband can do it. He will be because I had tonsil surgery yesterday and won’t be eating (or cooking) for a while. Now I’m writing this post ahead of time because the day after surgery is not a day for blogging, so leave me some love in the comments, so I feel better!
I’ve got a few more recipes lined up while I recover, and I’ll be back to experimenting in the kitchen in no time!
Juicy BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- 5 handfuls spinach
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup soybeans thawed if using frozen
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 medium chicken breast shredded
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup Mexican cheese shredded
- ½ cup barbecue sauce for dressing
- Boil chicken breast in salted water over the stove for 20 minutes.
- Let chicken cool and shred.
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add sliced bell pepper, black beans, soybeans, pepitas, cheese and chicken.
- Toss and top with barbecue sauce.